La Ribambelle Daycare
The Qualified Early Childhood Educator plans and organizes activities for pre-school aged children and has them participate in activities that promote and encourage their intellectual, social, physical and emotional growth.
- Ensures the respect of the policies and procedures in place at Portage and prioritize the quality of the care offered, the security and well-being of the children in all tasks performed, actions taken and documents written
- Directs all tasks and actions towards the security and well-being of the children under your responsibility
- Establishes a collaborative environment with the mothers
- Plans, organizes and animates activities daily that promote physical, cognitive, emotional and social development, as well as their independence and language skills
- Accompanies the children on daily outings and on longer special trips such as camping, going to Quebec City, winter camp, etc.
- Passes on good food and hygiene habits to the children
- Evaluates the skills, abilities, interests and needs of the children
- Builds working relationships with other community services directed to children and collaborates with them
- Participates in team meetings
- Writes daily notes in the children’s communication booklets in your group and updates their electronic files on a weekly basis
- Writes and forwards progress, observation and evaluation reports as well as behavioural summaries and any other documentation that could be required
- Be present for case conferences for the residents and prepare progress reports for the children in your care
- Fulfills any other tasks asked of you by your immediate superior, which can include, but is not limited to doing dishes, laundry, maintenance of the equipment and the premises, including your workspace
- Must hold a collegial diploma in Early Childhood Education or in a related field
- Respects and loves children
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team setting
- Autonomous and demonstrates good organizational skills
- Experience with crisis management and the use of the appropriate intervention techniques
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, dynamic, punctual and shows initiative
- Working knowledge of the Office Suite
- Bilingual in French and English, spoken and written will be considered an asset
- Job Type: Permanent, full-time
- Schedule: Day shift (between 7a.m. and 6p.m.) on rotation
- Salary: According to the salary grid, to be discussed
- Benefits: group insurance, RRSP, 4 weeks of vacation/year, 13 statutory holidays/year, accumulation of sick days
- Other advantages
The use of the masculine gender is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and is not intended to be discriminatory.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected (or successful) applicants will be contacted.
La Ribambelle Daycare in Little Burgundy
Confidential Address, Montreal, Quebec
If you don't have a resume, please fill out the form below.