Portage’s adult Day Centre program is a French-speaking drug addiction rehabilitation program located in Quebec City, Quebec.
Every weekday from 9 am to 4 pm clients join the centre’s therapeutic community environment, working through the root causes of their drug addiction problems and learning how to better function in their everyday lives, without needing drugs.
The supportive community of people who have been through similar struggles helps them to develop the self-esteem and social competencies necessary to build the confidence that they too can live healthy, happy, and productive lives.
Aftercare and Family Services help them develop a strong support network of people to help them pursue a positive lifestyle after treatment.
- Understand the root causes of addiction and develop strategies for maintaining abstinence
- Acquire social skills to better handle life’s challenges and develop a positive lifestyle
- Improve interpersonal skills and family relationships to develop a strong support system
- Take responsibility for one's life and the consequences of one's choices
- Set realistic goals and make a plan for employment reintegration
How does the program work?
Upon admission, new residents are welcomed by those currently in treatment, who help them understand how the program works. Under the supervision of a team of clinical staff members, participants support and encourage each other through the rehabilitation program, helping each other to acquire the necessary competencies and knowledge to move through the phases and eventually become a role model to new participants. Read more