- Do you feel that you need a drug (or alcohol) in order to function?
- Is it hard for you to control your drug use?
- Is it difficult for you to stay clean for several days at a time?
- Do you use more than one drug at a time?
- Have you ever lied about your use of drugs?
- Do you ever use a drug by yourself?
- Has your drug use made you isolate yourself from your friends and relatives?
- Do you hide your drug use from your friends or relatives?
- Do you use drugs to cope with your feelings or to avoid dealing with the problems in your life?
- Does your drug use ever cause you to feel guilty, worried, trapped, lonely, sad, depressed, or hopeless about the future?
- Does your drug use ever make you confused, incoherent, disorganised, disoriented, or cause you some memory loss?
- Has your drug use caused you problems with motivation or concentration?
- Does your drug use ever cause you to have difficulty paying attention at work, school, while doing your hobbies, or at home?
- Does your drug use cause you physical, emotional, psychological, family, social, financial, or legal problems?
- Have your loved ones ever complained that your drug use is damaging your relationship with them or do they criticise you for your drug use?
- Do you ever get aggressive when you use a drug?
- Does your drug use ever cause you to think about self-mutilation or ending your life?
- Have you ever ended up in the hospital after using drugs?
- Has anyone ever suggested to you that you go for a consultation to get help for your drug use?
- Has your doctor ever told you to stop taking your prescribed medication because it could be harmful to you given your use of drugs?
If you answered yes...
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, we encourage you to contact us to discuss whether you or your loved one may need drug addiction rehabilitation.
Portage has helped tens of thousands of people overcome their substance abuse problems and seek freedom from addiction. We can help you.