The Users Committee of Montreal is recruiting amongst members of its support services within Portage’s entourage!
Portage’s Users Committee of Montreal is seeking new members among participants of Portage’s family and friends support services who are interested in joining the committee and bringing their own experience. In order to gain an overall global view of the quality of services offered at Portage, we are looking for input from loved ones’ perspective to help us fulfill the committee’s mandate of defending users’ rights and ensuring their safety as part of an ongoing quality improvement process.
- Willing to get involved as a volunteer to defend users rights for residents of Portage;
- Must be available in the evenings, between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm, once every three weeks, on average;
- Interested in representing the committee during various activities including recruitment for Portage’s centres, the board of directors, and the program and vigilance committees, etc;
- Interested in meeting with residents committees in Portage’s centres a few times a year to help and support them;
- Interested in developing actionable tools and projects to defend the rights of users and residents.
- Meeting new people and sharing amongst them;
- Getting to know the landscape within other centres;
- Being the voice of a community and bringing about change;
- Being able to bring solutions to the table;
- Safe and remote meetings via Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- In-person meeting in person at the Mother-Child centre (currently suspended), dinner included;
- Possibility travel and babysitting expense refunds;
- Possibility of being named committee secretary, vice-president or treasurer;
- Valuable experience to include in a resume.
If you are interested in joining the committee, send us an email at email@example.com or leave a message at 514-939-0202 (ext. 1250) and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Given the current context, interviews and training are conducted remotely via Zoom or over the phone.
Cynthia Martineau, Users Committee President
Sonia Leblanc, Users Committee Resource Person