A short message of interest to all Portage residents, both current and past.
Portage’s Users Committee (of Montreal) is looking for new passionate members to fill current vacancies. This committee allows members to continue giving back to the community, impacting the communities, and having a voice amongst Portage’s directors and administrators.
- A desire to be involved, on a voluntary basis, in defending the rights of Portage users;
- Must be available in the evenings, between 6:30 pm and 8:30 pm, once every three weeks, on average;
- Interested in representing the UC (users committee) during various activities including recruitment for Portage’s centres, the board of directors, and the program and vigilance committees, etc;
- Interested in meeting with residents committees in Portage’s centres a few times a year to help and support them;
- Interested in developing actionable tools and projects to defend the rights of users and residents.
- Meeting new people and sharing amongst them;
- Getting to know the landscape within other centres;
- Be the voice of a community and bringing about change;
- Being able to bring solutions to the table;
- Making a difference;
- Safe and remote meetings via Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- In-person meeting in person at the Mother-Child centre (in normal times), dinner included;
- Possibility of being reimbursed for travel and babysitting expenses;
- Possibility of being named committee secretary, vice-president or treasurer;
- Opportunity to familiarize yourself with how a committee operates;
- Valuable experience to include in a resume.
If you are interested in joining the committee, send us an email (address below) or leave a message at 514-939-0202 (ext. 1250), and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Given the current context, interviews and training are conducted remotely via Zoom or over the phone.
Cynthia Martineau, President of the Users Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonia Leblanc, resource contact for Users Committee: email@example.com