May 31 marked the end of Portage Atlantic’s 2013-2014 annual fundraising appeal, and Portage would like to thank its donors for their support once again this year, which has made programming and new projects at the Cassidy Lake youth rehabilitation centre possible.
The funds raised went towards a myriad of activities and new fixtures for the centre, including:
- A ski trip for the youth during Spring Break;
- Kickboxing classes for the girls’ community;
- Judo classes for the boys’ community;
- A defibrillator for the centre;
- New furniture for the dormitories, thanks to funds provided by the McKesson Foundation;
- Picnic tables along the new Recovery Trail, thanks to funds provided by the RCMP Foundation;
- Canoes, lanterns, sleeping pads, and other equipment for the Recovery Trail, thanks to a donation from the UPS Foundation;
- Development for Portage staff members at the National Child and Youth Conference in Moncton, thanks to a donation from the Sisters of Charity of Saint John;
- The 2013 Portage Atlantic Recognition Ceremony for graduates, supported by the RBC Mental Health Foundation;
- Aftercare programming and staff training opportunities.
Every donation, big and small, has a meaningful impact on the programs and services provided to the youth in treatment at Cassidy Lake. On behalf of these brave young men and women, as well as the Portage Atlantic staff team and Regional Board, thank you for your ongoing support.