PORTAGE CONTINUES TO BE HERE FOR YOU
Updated: May 1st, 2020
Portage employees are committed to the implementation of necessary preventative measures and apply them with remarkable diligence.
Undeterred by this worldwide crisis, the dedication brought forth by all clinical and support staff, as well as managers and the residents and families of Portage have facilitated the maintenance of all activities in a positive atmosphere that is still respectful of its mission.
The protection of our residents, their families, and our employees is our top priority.
As the situation quickly evolves, Portage continues to introduce new safety measures to ensure the wellbeing of all. The following action items are now in place:
- We received a significant number of requests for admission from youth who were suitable candidates for our residential program; these requests were addressed through a program of virtual care. Subsequently, we modified the admissions protocol to continue accepting new admissions in all of our centres;
- As of April 20th, Portage has set up secure quarantine areas on the grounds of its residential establishments to accommodate new residents for a 14-day induction and orientation;
- A designated orientation staff has been assigned to the secure quarantine areas for the duration of the 14 days;
- Schoolwork is now taking place online, in order to respect social distancing;
- Pre-admission groups, aftercare groups, and family and friend group meetings have gone virtual through Zoom videoconferencing, which allows residents to maintain safe contact with their loved ones throughout their rehabilitation.
For all inquiries and additional information, please call us directly.
These are unprecedented times and we are happy to assist you in any way possible!