Mother and Child Program
Under the supervision of the Director of center, the Clinical Counsellor is responsible for the education and rehabilitation of participants with the intervention programs established for the rehabilitation of the individual and their reintegration into society. The Clinical Counsellor applies education techniques using acts of daily life, organizing, coordinating and leading activities that are planned within the units to ensure learning and the acquisition of attitudes and appropriate behaviour.
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures in the organization and to always put at the forefront the of quality of care, safety and well-being of participants, in all the tasks they carry out, in their actions and any documents they write
- Ensure that the quality of care provided is appropriate and consistent with the policies and procedures within the organization
- Host and integrate participants in the unit of life, according to the established procedure
- Assist in the evaluation of all participants' needs
- Observe and analyze the behaviour of participants
- Involve in assessing their needs and capabilities and records their progress in drafting the appropriate documents
- Evaluate the participant's environment to match their needs and promotes rehabilitation and well-being
- Contribute to the development of the intervention plan
- Participate in the pursuit of individual therapeutic goals as determined in the intervention plan
- Organize and facilitate rehabilitation activities based on the needs of participants and according to established standards and procedures
- Participate in the rehabilitation of participants through the moments of daily life
- Support participants outside the institution, if applicable
- Write observation reports, evaluation reports and behavioural syntheses
- Participate in the orientation and training of new staff and students
- Perform other related duties at the request of his immediate superior
- Hold a college degree (DEC) in a related field or a university degree in addiction (or in the process of completing it)
- Have 1-2 years experience in a similar position
- Relevant experience with a clientele with substance use disorders in a community setting or therapeutic community.
- Have a valid CPR/First Aid training certificate
- Bilingual (Asset)
- Have experience in intervention and crisis management
- Have demarcated skills in interpersonal relationships and teamwork
- Job Type: Temporary (12 months, maternity leave), Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
- Schedule: Day and evening shift (rotation) / week and weekend
- Salary: To be discussed according to experience
- Other benefits
The use of the masculine gender is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and is not intended to be discriminatory.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected (or successful) applicants will be contacted.
Mother & Child Center
Confidential address, Montréal, QC
If you don't have a resume, please fill out the form below.