Treatment at Portage is not just about stopping drug abuse.
It’s about gaining the confidence, self-esteem, and the tools to be able to handle the challenges of everyday life without needing drugs.
No one knows exactly what it’s like to be you, but there are a lot of people out there who have faced similar struggles and have been able to turn their lives around. At Portage, you will be surrounded by a community of people with the same goal as you, and you will help each other make it through.
In doing so, you will:
- Learn a lot about yourself
- Work through the core reasons why you abused drugs
- Develop the skills to be able to do well in school or at work, and to make some sort of plan for the future
- Appreciate developing a healthy lifestyle – eating well, sleeping well, enjoying social and recreational activities
- Learn to love yourself
Though the idea of drug addiction rehab may seem overwhelming, the time that you spend at Portage is an investment in the rest of your life.
Believe in yourself
Believe in yourself and believe that you have the power to change your life, because after all:
- You have the right to be happy
- You have the right to be treated with respect
- You have the right to be safe
- You have the right to express what you feel
- You have the right to learn and grow
- You have the right to be all that you want to be
"I've done many other therapies, and I really never thought I would be able to get clean, get sober."
"In such a short time you really start from zero and build yourself back up to what you're capable of and what kind of person you can be."
"I've tried just about everything, and the one thing that changed my outlook on myself [at Portage], was the ability to take care of how I feel."
"Portage for me represents freedom. I'm no longer a slave to all those things I put myself through."
If you need more convincing, take a look at what Portage graduates have to say in the Testimonials section